Faculty and Staff
The Distance Education Department handles Canvas administration and supports faculty and all educational professionals on campus with resources, online and face to face workshops, and one-on-one help.
For immediate help with Canvas, call 844-600-4948 or use the chat feature located under Support in the Canvas global menu.
The Fullerton College Distance Education Handbook has been developed based on the recommendations of the Distance Education Advisory Committee. The goals of the handbook are to:
- Articulate the mission and goals of the Distance Education program, especially as they pertain to the Fullerton College Educational Master Plan.
- Provide technical and pedagogical support and resources for faculty teaching online and hybrid courses.
- Furnish information about training and mentoring for online and hybrid course delivery methods.
- Inform faculty about the mandatory policies and procedures (Title IV, V, Ed. Code, ADA, etc.) that relate to Distance Education courses.
- Define best practices in Distance Education and how those should be incorporated into course design and delivery.
- Offer comprehensive resources for ongoing faculty development.