Fullerton College Online Course Survey
In November of 2018, the Fullerton College Faculty Senate approved the online course survey to create a structured process to monitor course quality and to confirm the level of faculty to student and student to student interaction in online courses met the state and federal requirements.
This Online Course Survey is designed to be a tool that helps instructors achieve the best online pedagogy in his/her/their online course. There are two brief surveys, each with a set of questions/elements that you will rate to survey your online course:
- Interaction–five questions and four screenshots
- Accessibility–five questions and four screenshots
- Instructors will complete the course survey in Spring during weeks 5-10 (or as arranged for instructors who only teach online in summer and fall).
- Distance Education Division Representative (DEDR) will review surveys during weeks 12-14.
- For instructors whose courses are in alignment, the DEDR will recommend to the Distance Education Director (DED) that the instructor’s certification for online teaching be renewed for a three-year period.
- If a course is not in alignment, the DEDR and the instructor will work together to make needed changes. If alignment is achieved, the rep will recommend to the DED that the instructor’s certification for online teaching be renewed for a three-year period.
- If the DEDR and instructor are unable to bring a course into alignment, the instructor will have one year to make changes and do the survey again the following Spring.
- The DEDR will review the course again in the Spring and make recommendations to the DED.
- If the course is still not in alignment, the DEDR will recommend to the DED that the instructor’s certification for online teaching be suspended.