Blackboard requires significant bandwidth, and so:
– Use a hard wire connection.
– Unless solid and stable, avoid WiFi or other wireless connections (G3, G4, LG, etc.).
To avoid being kicked out of tests, and/or not being able to see “submit” button:
– Wait and let the test load, entirely, before answering the first question.
– Do not click the “Back” button.
– Do not use “backspace.”
– Do not go back to “Home” page.
– Do not open a new window, second window, or click on an opened window.
– Do not enlarge or reduce the screen.
– Do not open a second browser.
– Do not click the “Refresh” button.
– Do not click multiple times in a window (this emulates a “submit” request).
– Do not assume you can reenter:
– Session may “time out,” connectivity lost, when lapse in activity.
– Test may be “timed,” allowing for entry only once.
– Do NOT attempt to use a cell phone application, Internet card, iPhone, mobile devices, etc.
– Blackboard is data intensive, requiring significant bandwidth:
– Use a reliable computer:
(laptops, iPhones, Ipads are very sensitive – “Submit” is tripped easily)
– Do not try to take tests at Starbucks, hotel lobbies, airports, etc.
– Do NOT use Internet Explorer browser.
– PC’s: Firefox and Google Chrome browsers are recommended.
– MAC’s: Safari and Firefox recommended.